St. Luke is a part of the Evangelical Free Church of America, one of the fastest-growing protestant denominations in the country. The EFCA is among the most missions-minded groups in the nation, with a high percentage of members involved in missions. Our seminary, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, is one of the largest in the world, representing over 50 denominations. The EFCA is a charter member of the National Association of Evangelicals, which represents the shared concerns of 75 protestant denominations.
The guiding principle of the EFCA is “unity in the essentials, charity in the non-essentials.” We seek to be an inclusive body that demonstrates the love and grace of God.
To create a loving community
- that is in authentic relationship with Jesus Christ
- that gathers for worship and fellowship
- that reaches out to the lost with God’s great love
- that continually builds each other up to be mature followers of Jesus Christ
- that serves others for the glory of God.
(Acts 2:42-45; John 13:34-35; 1 John 1:3; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 4:11-15; Colossians 3:23-24 and 1 Corinthians 10:31)